January 22, 2015

Happenings Around School

We had a little TedEx conference here.


It was organized by Olzhus.  He has now left Taraz to go to England to work on an advanced degree.  He was the young man who helped out the international staff -- getting us to our apartments, helping us with our settling in -- our "go to" guy.  We miss him.


Most of the speakers were students, but my friend Charlene was asked to speak.  Here she is with an outstanding student I have had the pleasure of working with: Zhansaya.

At the other extreme, there has been 2 head of cattle grazing in front of the school:


In this shot, he is just a black dot in the distance, but I wanted you to see how he is right up on school property!

I saw the owner leading them over one morning.  He just puts stakes in the ground to keep them from wondering away.  It makes me happy to see them when I leave school.  I don't know why.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue! Just had a thought of you when a colleague from WHS shared this video and in it I glimpsed a bus stop in Taraz! Thought I'd share.

    http://vimeo.com/85582010

    Best wishes from snowy Buffalo Grove!
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete